Moon Tree

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

My first 5k!!

While Zach was gone, I had been running with his dad several times a week. SOMEHOW, I convinced him to run my first 5k with me...I am THAT sneaky. We decided on the midnight 5k down in St. George on May 24/25 (it started around 11:30 pm so it was both days)Zach's mom was so excited about it that she rented a condo for us for an entire week! I convinced my parents and two of my sisters (my brother was deployed at the time so he couldn't make it but his family did!) to run it with us! Unfortunately, my parents had to bail at the last minute but it was still a lot of fun.

After Zach got home we all continued to train together and then the big day came! Race day! The three of us played ping pong and played in the pool for most of the day and then we had a fantastic steak dinner that Zach's dad prepared. It was SO delicious. We were almost late except I insisted on showing up early for sign in. They said it was starting at 11:59 pm so we thought we had plenty of time...WRONG! However, we made it! Everyone was in glow sticks and dressed in costumes which made it even more fun.

I left my phone in the car so we couldn't find Tiff, the kids, and Ta'Mera until after the race. Ta'Mera wasn't supposed to race but she decided to walk to track with Kyle (4) and Allie (MAYBE 2??) What a trooper! We all beat our goal times and Kaden even took first place in the under 10 males category!!! I have never seen a bigger smile on his face :D I'm a bad aunt, though. As they were reading off the awards his hopes were sky high and I didn't want him to get hurt. I tried to brace him for the chance that he might not win...shows how much I know! We heard his name and he was in shock so I had to push him and tell him that he won before it sunk in! I will never doubt again...I'm a believer
The Fuller side of the race! BAM!



The awesome Nebekers. Corey was having issues with Zach being taller

Kaden and his 1st place medal!!!


Ta'Mera, Allie, and Kaden. 


Everyone had so much fun that we(the Nebeker trio) have already planned to do the race next year. 

"Army Wife: It's not my status; it's my life-long promise to him." ~Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment