Moon Tree

Monday, August 22, 2011

Grateful for the little things...

****4:23 AM****

I wake up on the couch with Zach wondering why I wasn't in bed. The truth is, I was crying about the deployment and I went into the Livingroom so I wouldn't wake him. I guess I fell asleep there. He got me back into bed and I was fine again.

****6:00 AM****

His alarm goes off and he doesn't realize that it's already woken me up so I get to hear, "Oh crap, shhh....SHHH!!!" as he tries to turn it off before it wakes me up. Then he quietly sneaks out of the room to get ready for his week. I just smile to myself before I fall back to sleep.

****7:00 AM****

I wake up to a gentle kiss goodbye for the last time in who knows how long.

He's on orders this week setting up for the FTX. I don't know when I'll get to see him again. For all I know, he's going to be working through the night every night and just sleeping at the Barracks.

Today, I am grateful for the little things he does for me--like this morning. They make me fall in love with him all over again. They give me little moments to hang on to that get me through the hard days.


"Army Wife: It's not my status, it's my life long promise to him." --Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. Melena don't worry you're a strong wonderful woman! The seperation will only make you love him more! Your in my thoughts and in my prayers! Love ya!
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete