Moon Tree

Friday, September 2, 2011

When You Wish Upon a Star......you end up at the doctor??

In the immortal words of Jiminy Cricket,



When you wish upon a Star



Makes no difference who you are



Anything your heart desires



Will come to you






If your heart is in your Dream



No request is too extreme



When you wish upon a star



As Dreamers do






Fate is kind



She brings to those who love



The sweet fulfillment of



Their secret longing






Like a bolt out of the blue



Fate steps in and sees you through



When you wish upon a star



Your dreams come true






Well, for the past year I've wished on every star and, Darn it, Jiminy Cricket, I never got my wish.



In 30 minutes I'm headed to the doctor. Not how I wanted to spend my morning, but that's where I'm going, regardless. Today marks day 43 and 3 negative pregnancy tests. Now, I get to spend all morning getting poked and prodded for who knows what tests. To make matters worse, Zach can't come. He gets to be a good little boy and go to class since it's his first day for two of them. So, I'm on my own.






When you wish upon a star, Fate supposedly steps in and gives you what you wished for. This time, Fate stepped in and gave me a doctor's visit. Where in that song does it say that Fate has a sense of humor? Here's to hoping his sense of humor doesn't last too much longer, eh?




"Army Wife: It's not my status, it's my life long promise to him."--Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. One thing I have learned is that God's will beats out wishing on a star every time, but always, always it turns out a million times better than you ever imagined. You will get what you are wishing for, it just might not happen the way you thought it would. I have been where you are. I know that frustration. I know that heartache. I also know that life can and will turn out just right. If you ever need to talk, email me (eberling2@msn.com) or give me a call (435-590-0637)

    ReplyDelete