Moon Tree

Thursday, June 7, 2012

...with a little bit of Insanity thrown on top

Prologue: I may write 2-3 today because I have SO much to catch up on! 

So...the day has come and gone. Zach left about a month ago. I will get to see him fly out to Afghanistan sometime in the next month and a half but until then...he's states away. I'm surprisingly ok with it. I keep myself busy enough that by the time I get home at night I'm not exhausted to think about the "what if's". 

The other day, we had family day at Camp Williams and I was talking to a retired wife who told me, 
"The first two months are going to feel like he's a training. You'll know he's deployed but sub-consciously you think he's coming home, so you don't get sad. It's that first day of month 3 that is when it's the hardest."
Yay!!!!.... O.o .... I've got a while before it hits then. I'm expecting it'll hit as I'm watching his plane fly out but who knows. It might not even hit me until he comes home. I've heard of wives having that experience.  Anyways, the point is, I tried to avoid it, but it came. Now is the test for how strong I really am.

That also leads into what the title means :) I'm pretty excited about it. One of the goals of every Army Wife going through a deployment is this: I need to lose weight so I can look my best when he gets home!! 
Does it ever happen? Not often. They start but they don't keep it up. This is why my goal isn't for weight. I couldn't care less about what I weigh. In fact, I got rid of my scale. My deployment goal is to finish....wait for it.....



****INSANITY****

For those who don't know what it is, it's a kick-your-butt P90X on steroids. It gives you the results that you've been working for for 3 years straight, all in 60 days. I just finished day 1 yesterday, I am SO sore and I LOVE it!!
My doctor told me that I needed to do something extreme for my PCOS. Is this extreme enough? lol. :)I'll post my stats as I go along...in a different post than this one because I can't find the ones from yesterday.

"Army Wife: It's not a status. It's a life-long promise to him." ~Anonymous


1 comment:

  1. Yay! Keep up the good work on insanity. If you can last the first week you will really love it after that.- (mostly because you will be able to walk without crying again, that's about how long it took me:)

    ReplyDelete