Moon Tree

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Here's to the Heroes

Here's to the Heroes Tribute

I know it's been a while. Today WAS going to be all about how I'm changing my career...then I found this song and decided to change topics.

I need all of my readers to know how much I LOVE the U.S.A. Yes, we are having problems right now but there is no other country that I would rather live in. I was blessed to be born here and to be born to parents who taught me to have an extreme respect for Old Glory, our national anthem, the men and women who serve every single day, and for those who make the ultimate sacrifice. There are very few things that I will not tolerate in this world and one of them is bashing the country I love and those who choose to serve her. 

12 years ago, our nation was attacked by cowards. So many people died trying to save those who couldn't escape. No, I didn't know anyone personally but I will forever be grateful for their sacrifice. I believe that they have earned themselves a choice place in heaven. The firemen, police officers, soldiers, and people off of the street gave everything so that others could live.

 Just this week, 3 police officers were killed in the line of duty. Two Santa Cruz officers and one Correctional Facility officer. My heart goes out to their families because I could never imagine losing a loved one that way.

These brave men and women aren't the only heroes. Their families are put through more worry in one day than anyone should have to endure in a lifetime but they put on their brave faces and support their family. The kids who are too young to understand why mom or dad aren't coming home anymore, the spouse who is suddenly left alone, the family members who wake up screaming because they just had a nightmare about their hero. THESE people are heroes in my eyes.

So, here's to the heroes. Here's to the brave men and women who fight, every single day, to keep our beloved country free. Here's to the families who stand behind them no matter what. Here's to keeping America free and protecting her people from all enemies foreign and domestic.

My soldier's unit praying together before a mission









"Army Wife: It's not my status; it's my lifelong promise to him."~ Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment