Moon Tree

Sunday, January 6, 2013

She Did WHAT!?

As you read in my New Year's post, one of my Revolutions is to run 3 5k's this year. I told Soldier that I didn't want to run one without him and he was pretty excited about racing with me. I found the race that would give me a chance to learn to run (I have exercise induced asthma so it had to be far enough away that I could train slowly) and would be after he got home from deployment. I have decided on the Midnight 5k in St. George, UT. I figure that midnight is a good time for my first race because then I won't be dying from heat and hating the choice I made to step out of my comfort zone. 

Well, some exciting news, tonight at family dinner with my in-laws I mentioned that we were going to do this race. My FIL (father-in-law) started asking some questions and then said that he wanted to run with us! I am so excited! This made me think about making it a huge family ordeal. So, I called my parents who agreed to race, my sister-in-law who said she'd race, a couple of my other sisters said they would as well, and I'm just waiting to hear back from one of my brothers-in-law. I think this will be such a blast! My, sweetheart, MIL got us a condo for a week so that we could take a little vacation the week after the race. Love her!

I HATE running with a passion that burns deep within my soul but I found this new app that is supposed to help you train in such a way that you learn to love it. I want to start Tuesday and use it Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. My last day on the program will be March 9th and then I can just keep up running 3x's a week. I can still do Crossfit twice/week as my crosstraining. Overkill? Possibly. Worth it? I sure hope so...

*sidenote: I just realized that I can take my dog running with me and get his exercise for the day in. He used to run with Zach every single day...then we moved to SL County. He was bred for energy and this will be so good for him as well :) BAM! Another Revolution accomplished!*

My box (Crossfit gym) is wanting to start a running clinic with some expert runner. I didn't want to do it before but now I'm really inspired to go and learn all that I can. I want to finish my training program and then go and see how I can improve. I have 9 weeks to get to the point where I can run 3 miles. After that, I will have about 11 weeks until the race to drastically improve my time. I'm thinking about having my FIL go running with me once I can keep up with him so that we can both motivate each other to work harder. He is really nervous that he's going to get left behind...I don't think he understands that I am no good at cardio exercise because of my lungs.

Wow...that was quite the ramble...basically, I'm really excited. I'm pretty sure that I'm addicted to getting fit. I want new challenges. I LOVE the way it feels to accomplish something I didn't think I could do. I crave the endorphins that come from a hard workout. Hopefully, it stays this good once I don't have to distract myself all the time :)

I'm so grateful for a family who is so willing to jump at the chance to help me realize my goals. I was definitely blessed to be born into my family and to marry into Soldier's family.

"Army Wife: It's not my status; it's my life long promise to him." ~Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! a Midnight run in St. George sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete