Moon Tree

Friday, December 7, 2012

You know you're an adult when...

Why hello! I haven't seen your face in a while. Lots has been going on in my world the last few weeks but the most recent just happens to be that I discovered what it's like to be an adult this morning.

For a long time I have had a dream about opening up an equine therapy camp for veterans with PTSD. It was going to be huge. There was so much going to go into it that I would have to write a whole different post in order to tell you. Today, it hit me that this was a selfish dream. Yes, it could help SO many soldiers and I am so passionate about it but...it would put my marriage and family at risk. All of our time would be spent on the business and my family would have to come second to it. I'm not willing to do that so I decided, for the sake of my current and future family, that dream needs to come to an abrupt end. It would have been amazing to help all of those selfless vets but military life is stressful enough on a family without adding "try to keep a business alive" on top of it.

That was my moment today. Now, I'm back at square one trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I might just finish my AS this semester and then continue to advance as a phlebotomist. It's really not a bad career path and I have loved doing it the last year. We shall see...
 
***UPDATE***
I know...I'm bipolar or something. I'm still wondering what to do but I don't want to end my dream. My family will always come first but these veterans need someone who will fight for them. They need someone who is going to help them overcome such a hard disorder. I'm not ending my dream, it's just on hold for a little while.
"Army Wife: It's not my status; it's my life-long promise to him." ~Anonymous

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?

    I look forward to hearing from you,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete