Moon Tree

Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Lost Blessing

I left my scriptures in Italy. ("You went to Italy?? It's not blogged about!" I know. When I get the pictures off my camera, I will write a blog/blogs about the trip) When I first discovered this, I. Was. Devastated. It was all I could do to stop myself from bawling. Those scriptures had EVERYTHING in them! I have had them since I was 13-years-old. I left them in Italy because I don't know how to keep track of my own things. I'm dumb. For all I know, they ended up in the trash somewhere...but I can pray that I left them so that they could bless the life of some unsuspecting soul. It had all my quotes and highlights and thoughts from seminary. My cross-references. My testimony. They were my lifeline for such a long time, and I hope that they can provide comfort for someone else. The Lord knows what is best for His children.

I am still pretty upset about it so I can't bring myself to buy new ones. Because of that, my goal to read the scriptures every day failed. I am supposed to be past Omni and I was at the beginning of 2 Nephi. Two days ago I decided that I have the Gospel Library App on all of my electronic devices so I really didn't have an excuse as to why I wasn't reading. Since that discovery, I am almost caught up to where I need to be. I listen while I'm on my way to work every day and it feels awesome! I'm probably not getting as much out of it as I could, but it makes me feel better :) It makes me feel like, no matter how hard the day gets, I have the Savior lifting me up and holding me when I can't walk anymore. So, really, by me losing my scriptures I have been blessed because it brought me closer to my Father in Heaven. 

"Army Wife: It's not my status; it's my life long promise to him." ~Anonymous

2 comments:

  1. ok. not cool that you lost your scrips. But I'm totally laughing out loud (yes I spelled out Lol..) from your introduction and mini conversation involving Italy. Thanks for the giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you are awesome. And that would totally be devestating to lose something that important and spiritually personal. I'm really sorry you lost them, but think of it this way, now you can have a set of scriptures with everything you learn while married. Isn't it cool? You'll be able so know for a fact that Zach was in your life when you learned these new lessons and when you had new spiritual enlightenment.
    love you

    ReplyDelete