Moon Tree

Thursday, January 3, 2013

You Say You Want a Revolution...

It's that time of year again! New Year's Resolutions!! Woohoo...not. No. I don't make resolutions. I never, ever, ever keep them. I always lose motivation. This year, I'm revolting against resolutions and against my old, lazy me. This year, I'm making New Year's Revolutions. This list will probably change as I think of more things but here it is so far (in no specific order)

************************************************************


1: Do something that scares me every month.

2: Run 3 5k's throughout the year.

3: Reach 150 lbs by April 13, 2013 and maintain or lose until December 31, 2013.

4: Go on a new adventure every month.

5: Crossfit and Krav Maga twice/week or more.

6: Any grade less than 90% is unacceptable.

7: Learn how to swim!!

8: Get my Concealed Carry Permit by my 22nd birthday.

9: Finish the BOM with husband the day he gets home from deployment.

10: No sugar (other than found naturally) until April 13, 2013

11: Attend some sorts of women's retreat event thingy...

12: Get organized! Plan out my "busy" life so that I am not wasting so much time anymore. 

13: Jax gets 30 minutes of exercise every day.

(red writing is the updated stuff)
14: I will be 100% debt free by December 31, 2013

~Specifics I want to do this year~
Paintballing
Skydiving
Kayaking
Rock Climbing
Survival Course
Make Christmas Cards (finally)

*************************************************************

I'm sure that I will add more onto it later but that will do for now. I want to change my habits and really grow this year. I want to push my limits and not let my fears control me anymore. I'm tired of PTSD controlling everything I do and it's time to take back my life.

"Revolution"--The Beatles

Ok, this video is because I have been trying to write this post for about 2 weeks now. Every time I start to write it, this song gets stuck in my head. Gotta love The Beatles.



"Army Wife: It's not my status; it's my life long promise to him." ~Anonymous

8 comments:

  1. Great list! My girlfriends and I are going to Time Out For Women in Logan in September. There are a ton of us and we cram into a couple of motel rooms and laugh and have fun all weekend. You are more than welcome to join us if you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's not during a time that I have school I would LOVE to come! Let me look into it and get back to you :) I, honestly, have never even heard of it before.

      Delete
  2. I love your list, and I also totally love your new blog look. If you want help learning how to swim let me know :) I would be happy to try to help you learn :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please!! I would LOVE your help learning to swim! This summer (while I'm unemployed), you and your family can come up to my pool whenever you want to!

      Delete
    2. I know this is way delayed, but Heck YEah! I need to get Britain comfortable with water also... at 21 months I can count on one hand how many times she has let me lay her head back in the tub to rinse her hair.

      Delete
  3. 5k is totally on my list too! I love your resolutions,they are very inspiring! We should go to "What Women Want Expo" I think there is one coming up in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be in Moab on vacation that week but thank you for offering. You should run the Midnight 5k with us! I got most of my family to join and am now working on my military family and friends. It's May 24th in St. George :)

      Delete
    2. I wish I could! I miss St. George more than anything! My best friend is getting married down there that next weekend so I can't take off work 2 weekends in a row. We need to get together!! I miss ya!

      Delete