Moon Tree

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Blessed

I feel so blessed today.

This is the first day in weeks...maybe even months...that I have actually looked at the world around me. I have been so stressed with school and church and trying to find a job that I have completely ignored all the beautiful miracles that surround me every single day.

My eyes were opened today to all the things that I had been missing in my grief.
 Here are my little miracles and tender mercies that The Lord sent just for me today (most of them).

1. Today at school the parking lady gave me a pass without my car registration. NO MORE PARKING TICKETS! WOOHOO!
2. While I was talking to my friend I got to be outside for two hours enjoying the warmth while having my testimony strengthened by our conversation.
3. I got an 89% on my math test. Then my teacher told everyone to add 10 points so I ended up with a 99%
4. Driving home I didn't get mad at any of the driving-challenged drivers on the freeway.
5. I got greeted at the door by my puppy who was legitly excited to see me. 
6. Even though my sweet, sweet husband is sick, he was so selfless and went to work today so that he can provide for us.
7. I took Jax on a walk and discovered a new part of my complex I had never seen before. It was the most peaceful place I have been in so long.
8. While at my new favorite spot, I got to see the first two geese come back! I am so excited for the geese to be back home this winter. I have been waiting for them for 3 months.
9. I got to sit and listen to the fountain and waterfalls while Jax explored.
10. I got to feel the Lord's love around me all day long and thus, I have been happy all day long.
11. In my times of need, I have had the most loving and supporting family and friends anyone could ask for. They all know just what to say to make things better.
12. I got to eat lunch with my husband today...I even got a kiss (he's sick so he doesn't want me sick too)!!!
13. I got to watch a bird dive into the water for food twice. I have never seen that before. It was so incredible.
14. I am blessed with the knowledge that my Savior lives and loves me. I know that He knows our weaknesses, fears, pains, and sadness and that He will send angels and tender mercies when we least expect them so that our burdens may be lighter. I know that I was born in the last days when the church is fully restored, when we have a living prophet to lead and guide us every day. I know that He lead my husband to me to bless me every single day with his unending love.

This is just a short list of all the things I was blessed with, so far, today.

I have been so selfish the past few months and I need to start being selfless so that I can attempt to pay back the Lord for everything he helped me see today.

Today, my heart is full of gratitude to the Lord, my family, my friends, and especially Zach. I am so thankful to those who have put up with me all these years and helped to shape me into the woman I am today.

May we all see the miracles that surround us each day and thank God for trusting us enough to allow us to see them.

"Army Wife: It's not my status, it's my life long promise to him."

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. Thank you so much for letting me hear your day... I feel a little guilty for being grumpy all night... I love your influence on me.

    ReplyDelete