Moon Tree

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Welcome, Great Pumpkin!!!

This is the long version but you can't see it very well.


This is the better version but I stopped mid-sentence because I forgot the pebbles...


Last year I was so sad because we didn't have enough money to decorate for any of the holidays so Zach promised that this year we would. As we were waiting for my prescription to be filled, we sauntered over to Michael's to see what kind of crafty things they had. I wanted to buy the whole store! Fortunately, I had Zach with me and he helped me limit myself.

We bought:
A black vase
Black leafs with purple glitter
Black leafs with silver glitter
Black and Orange-glitter twiggy things
Spiders
Spider candles
Little pebble things
A purple plate
Foam to stick everything in
And 
A Skeleton

If it sounds like it cost a lot, you would be absolutely correct. Was it worth it? H-E-double hockey sticks yes. The video is just of the centerpiece I made tonight. It took me two hours. You can't see it very well and it looks a lot better in person but that's the best I could do considering my camera is dead.

Zach bought a skeleton to hang on our door...that's where he is currently "hanging out" (that was funny. laugh.). He thinks it's naked so when I go back to buy the spiderweb table cloth he'll need to get something to jazz it up a bit. 

I know it's only September but I, seriously, cannot wait for Halloween! These next few months are my very favorite time of the year! Are any of you as excited as I am? What are you doing to get in the Halloween spirit?

"Army Wife: It's not just my status, it's my life long promise to him."

No comments:

Post a Comment